The primary function of this role is to troubleshoot, monitor, adjust, and repair heavy duty manufacturing equipment and machinery throughout the production facility. The role is also responsible in maintaining the operating condition of industrial production and processing machinery and equipment.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Competitive salary starting Rate: $41.83 an hour
- Competitive health, dental and insurance plans
- Competitive matched retirement savings program
- The opportunity to join a continuously growing organization with focus on Diversity and Inclusion
- The opportunity to work with an industry leader in manufacturing
WHEN YOU JOIN US, YOU WILL BE:
- Ensuring smooth operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
- Troubleshooting and action by removing defective parts by dismantling the equipment using specific devices.
- Fabricating repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintaining equipment and parts inventories by checking stocks and anticipating needed supplies.
- Cutting and welding metal to repair broken metal parts.
- Preparing mechanical maintenance reports.
- Maintaining safe and clean working environment while complying to company’s regulations.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE;
- Must have a valid British Columbia Industrial Mechanic License or Red Seal Certification.
- Must have full set (up to 24/1″”mm) of metric standard tools.
- Exposure with mechanical devices, pneumatic controls and welding/cutting.
- Must have at least 3 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to work shifts as well as some extended hours and weekends.
- Qualified applicants will have good interpersonal and problem-solving skills and able to work with other trades and operators.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds on a routine basis.
- Must be able to walk and/or stand 50-75% of the shift.